The Barbados Fire Service on the scene of the fire. (Picture by Tre Greaves.)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
The Barbados Family Planning Association was forced to close its doors this morning after one of the buildings it occupies was destroyed by fire.
The Association is situated on the same compound as the old Ministry of Health buildings which caught fire around 5:30 a.m.
The fire claimed the section which houses the BFPA's youth arm activities.
Clinics for today and Monday have been cancelled.
In a notice on its Facebook page, the BFPA said it would notify the public as to when it would reopen.
Acting executive director Anderson Langdon told NATIONNEWS the association occupied the building since 1966 and it was in a dilapidated state.
Noting that the fire would compound the problem, he appealed for assistance in finding a new home. (NB/TG)