The Barbados Water Authority's headquarters.
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Windies cement lead on Day 3 Read More
- New WTA events and ranking system Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) wishes to inform the public of a mechanical failure to one of the two screw lifts in operation at the South Coast Sewage Treatment Plant (SCSTP).
Private consultants and an engineering team from the Barbados Water Authority are currently diagnosing the problem in an effort to carry out the necessary repairs as soon as possible.
In the interim, the BWA's Wastewater Division (WWD) crews are closely managing all existing mitigation measures to keep wastewater levels low and prevent an increase in overflows in the troubled areas on the south coast.
Anticipating that this will be a dynamic situation, the BWA will update the public as the situation progresses. (PR)