MEDAL HOPE: The experienced Anthonio Mascoll will be looking for a podium finish in the 800 metres at the Central American and Caribbean Games in Colombia. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
UNITED STATES-based athletes Charles Greaves and Anderson Devonish have been rewarded for outstanding collegiate seasons with selection in the 15-man Barbados track and field team for the forthcoming Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games slated for Colombia from July 19 to August 23.
Greaves was recently named the 2018 NCAA Division 2 Outdoor Track & Field Male Field Athlete Of The Year by the US Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
The Texas A&M-Kingsville senior is only the second athlete in the programme’s history to be named Men’s National Outdoor Field Athlete Of The Year.
This season, the former Ellerslie schoolboy hit a mark of 16.08 metres in the triple jump and leapt to a massive personal best 7.88 metres in the long jump. (MK)
Please read the full story in the Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.