Barbados strike gold in the men's 4x100 at the CAC Games. (GP)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- England beat South Africa to take series 3-1 Read More
- Worrell gets top pick at Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
The Barbados men’s 4x100 metres relay team has struck gold at the Central American and Caribbean Games in Barranquilla, Colombia.
Jaquone Hoyte, the youngest in the group, crossed the line in a new national record of 38.41 seconds, finishing the work started by Shane Brathwaite, Mario Burke and Burkheart Ellis.
The old record was 38.55 seconds.
It was the second gold for Brathwaite, who also won the men’s 110 hurdles.
The Dominican Republic was second in a season’s best 38.71 and Jamaica had to settle for bronze in 38.79.
Trinidad and Tobago was fourth with a season’s best 38.90. (SAT)