Posted on

BFA concludes probe into allegation of sexual harassment


Anmar Goodridge-Boyce

BFA concludes probe into allegation of sexual harassment

Social Share

The Barbados Football Association (BFA) and a male staff member who is at the centre of a sexual harassment allegation have parted ways.

In a press release on Wednesday, the local governing body for football confirmed the stunning development after conducting a thorough investigation into the matter.

“This process was carried out by BFA and its lawyers. Given the sensitive nature of the matter it was agreed that no public comment would be made until their work was concluded.

Now that the investigation has been completed, we can confirm that the BFA staff member no longer works at the organisation,” the statement said.

The document signed by BFA president Randy Harris explained that the welfare of staff and players are of utmost importance to the organisation.

“We have policies in place to make clear that we will not accept any form of misconduct or inappropriate behaviour. We will always act in the best interests of our organisation and of football in Barbados.”

When contacted for further comment, Harris said he was legally advised not to reveal the identity of the worker. He did not confirm whether the staff member resigned or if his contract was terminated.

Earlier this month, a group of 27 concerned players sent a petition to officials at the BFA beseeching them to probe the situation in support of the complainant who said she received a series of unwelcomed text messages from the staff member.

The player declined to comment while several attempts to reach the BFA employee were futile. This publication has also been blocked from sending messages or communicating with the staff member on social media or by telephone. (AGB)