Deacons’ Ashe Oxley (right) hitting past Cawmere’s Ramon Blades (left) and Mark Lewis. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- Jones breaks 34-year mark Read More
- Marie Aurore gallops to victory Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Scenes of Barbados in Fenty ad Read More
Former kings Barbados Bearings/W Gittens Landscaping Progressive put one hand on the Goddard Enterprises Limited Division 1 league cup with a four sets dismissal of Chargers when the action continued on Wednesday night at the Wildey Gymnasium.
Progressive, who have not won a league title in more than 15 years, defeated Chargers 25-19, 25-17, 17-25, 25-16 to move to 34 points from an 8-0 record.
They opened up a 12-point gap on sole remaining contenders Omega XL Deacons who have lost only one game in the league out of six matches.
Needing to keep on Progressive’s heels, Deacons were hampered by deposed league kings Cawmere when the two met on Wednesday night. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.