Jodi Smith-Padmore (right) won the Girls’ Under-17 title but lost the Under-19 crown to her twin sister Jada Smith-Padmore in white. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- Jones breaks 34-year mark Read More
- Marie Aurore gallops to victory Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Scenes of Barbados in Fenty ad Read More
Jada Smith-Padmore emerged the Under-19 female champion when she managed to stop twin sister Jodi Smith-Padmore from snatching yet another age category title after winning the Under-17 title the previous day during the finals of the Hilton Junior Squash Open on Sunday.
Jada dominated from the very beginning winning three games 11-2, 11-2, 11-8 while taking every shot with care and limiting chances of unforced errors.
Jodi displayed athleticism in responding to her sister’s precise power plays but was unable to steadily return shots that would put her ahead of the game.
Jodi won her first junior title when she derailed Jada 3-1 in a match with impressive and strategic shot selection. (PR/RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.