Sophia Mendes and Arthur Wysocki (GP)
- VIDEO: The rights of consumers Read More
- VAT on transactions delayed again Read More
- Blake blasts back with 100m Diamond League win, eyes world champs Read More
- Bale to stay at Real Madrid Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Classic seals the deal Read More
Last week, two 14-year-old students of at The Codrington School handed over a brand new computer and printer to Margaret Daniels, coordinator of the YWCA Reading Club in Bridgetown.
Sophia Mendes and Arthur Wysocki chose to donate to the Reading Club as it is one of the many activities that the YWCA undertakes in local communities. It assists students of primary and secondary school age by providing a safe space, resources and positive support to help with their school work and to learn crafts and useful life skills.
The new computer will help those who do not have access to a computer at home, something that is essential for these days for computer based education and homework. Sophia and Arthur raised $1 160 through different activities such as washing the cars of parents and teachers and organising a raffle at the school’s Christmas fair. (PR)