- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
ART AND charity mixed and mingled when Dwellings staged an event entitled ‘Splash – the Furniture Art Charity Event’ at its Canewood, St Thomas location on Saturday night.
The fundraiser, the brainchild of Dwellings, was for the Barbados RSPCA, the Ark Animal Welfare Society, Variety the Children’s Charity and the Substance Abuse Foundation and saw four fine artists - Shane Eastmond, Alexander Marshall, Kevon ‘Von’ Hall and Alanis Forde - representing each of the charities, creating works on coffee tables as guests mingled and watch the creations unfold.
The completed pieces were then sold via silent auction and the monies raised donated to the charities. (HLE)