The crowd at the Oistins Festival Teaser on Monday night was treated to a surprise song by international celebrity Mya (in red), who was joined by (from right) Chilli and Lil Kim, along with the visiting production film crew. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
BARBADOS is fast becoming a location for the filming of reality TV shows.
The Barbados Tourism Management Inc. and Oistins Fish Festival organisers cashed in on this activity on Monday night when American celebrities Lil Kim, Chilli of TLC and Mya were guests at the first Oistins Festival Teaser.
New chairperson of Oistins Fish Festival, Toni Thorne, said a team from VH1, Big Fish Productions LLC and 13 Degrees North Productions was on the island filming a project with the celebrities who attended the teaser, where local entertainers performed.
Mya was so moved that she took to the stage and entertained the many onlookers. She was joined by the crew as they all danced to soca, ate local delicacies and drank rum punch.
Thorne said the event gave people a taste of the plans for the festival which will be held Easter weekend. (NS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.