The crowd at the Oistins Festival Teaser on Monday night was treated to a surprise song by international celebrity Mya (in red), who was joined by (from right) Chilli and Lil Kim, along with the visiting production film crew. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
BARBADOS is fast becoming a location for the filming of reality TV shows.
The Barbados Tourism Management Inc. and Oistins Fish Festival organisers cashed in on this activity on Monday night when American celebrities Lil Kim, Chilli of TLC and Mya were guests at the first Oistins Festival Teaser.
New chairperson of Oistins Fish Festival, Toni Thorne, said a team from VH1, Big Fish Productions LLC and 13 Degrees North Productions was on the island filming a project with the celebrities who attended the teaser, where local entertainers performed.
Mya was so moved that she took to the stage and entertained the many onlookers. She was joined by the crew as they all danced to soca, ate local delicacies and drank rum punch.
Thorne said the event gave people a taste of the plans for the festival which will be held Easter weekend. (NS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.