Barbados captain Rashad Jules (FILE)
- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- Kirby up to World standard Read More
- Rain washes out practice against SA Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Artistes told: Leave out lewd lyrics Read More
Shaquille Stewart scored his first international goal as Barbados cruised to a 2-0 victory over Dominica in their final match of the 2019 Windward Islands Football Association (WIFA) tournament at the Victoria Park, St Vincent.
The tridents were in total control of the contest from as early as the second minute of play when Stewart slotted home sweetly.
Midfielder Jomo Harris then added the second, just before half time, to ensure that Barbados ended the tournament in second place on nine points.
Captain Rashad Jules delivered an excellent free kick from 20 yards and Harris arrived late at the back post to poke the ball over the line.
Barbados lost their opening game of the tournament 2-0 to host nation St Vincent and the Grenadines but rebounded on Wednesday to defeat St Lucia 2-0 with first half strikes by former captain Mario Harte and Raheim Sargeant.
The tridents were also gifted three points and a win against Grenada after technical director Ahmed Mohamed filed a successful protest against the Spice Boys who fielded an ineligible player.
Barbados will now turn their attention the Concacaf Nations League Qualifer match at home against Nicaragua on March 24 at the Wildey Turf. (AGB)