Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds chatting with Sandy lane executive Alpha Jackman and his wife Todney in the Sandy lane box. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Thrown for a loop Read More
- WI Women lose T20 opener Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
Horse racing in Barbados takes on an exotic atmosphere on Sandy Lane Gold Cup Day, and this year was no exception.
The elegance in style and dining on show in the privately owned boxes and in the newest stand operated by Charles Edwards, the personalities in attendance for whom this premier Caribbean race day is a must on their social calendar, and the array of colour in the stands and on the Garrison Savannah itself all made for another smashing Gold Cup day.
And Sandy Lane’s general manager Randall Wilkie was happy, as he told Social Scene the upscale West Coast hotel would continue to sponsor the event. (GC)