CLOSE CALL: Tramaine Smith (394) edging out Jamee Walker-Miller (132) to win the Under-20 Boys’ 200 metres and book his ticket to the CARIFTA Games.(Picture by Kenmore)
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
THE TRAIN is back on track and will be Cayman Islands-bound on a new CARIFTA Games journey next month.
Tagged “The Train” during his debut Lodge School sports, Tramaine Smith brought the National Junior Championships to an exhilarating climax at the National Stadium on Sunday night with a scintillating CARIFTA qualifying 200 metres run.
Velocity Management’s Smith, competing in his first qualifying meet of the season, powered out of the drive phase ahead and accelerated around the bend.
The six-footer then motored down the home straight to a sizzling victory in 21.34 seconds to complete a commanding conquest of the Under-20 Boys’ race, inside the standard of 21.40.(EZS)