- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- Jones breaks 34-year mark Read More
- Marie Aurore gallops to victory Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Scenes of Barbados in Fenty ad Read More
The day is still young but the Sol Esther Maynard zone of the Barbados Secondary School’s Athletic Championships is already seeing records tumbling at the National Stadium.
Competing in the Under-20 boys 400 metres Rasheeme Griffith bettered his former time of 52.45 seconds when he clocked 51.73 seconds.
Also finishing under the record time in that event was Christ Church Foundation’s Dalano Wickham who crossed the line in 52.30 seconds.
Aren Spencer of Harrison College erased Rivaldo Leacock’s former register of 57.11 seconds in the 400 metres hurdles event in 54.65 seconds.
Lester Vaughan’s Savion Hoyte made a convincing victory in the Under-17 boys 800 metres after finishing in two minutes 01.88.
Romani Tudor of Alleyne established a new record with a throw of 40.37 metres in the junior boys javelin event when he smashed Caleb Massiah’s former distance of 35.68 metres.(RG)