Prime Minister Mia Mottley. (FILE)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
Prime Minister Mia Mottley has promised there will be paternity leave in Barbados “by this time next year”.
She underscored how critical paternity leave was, noting, “If we save families, families save their own”.
Mottley also said it was important for Government to help to facilitate day care centres to help women in the world force.
The Prime Minister was speaking tonight in the House of Assembly where she delivered the Budget Address.
During her presentation she said Barbados also needs a national training coordinator.
Recognising the need to train “our people” Mottley said there are not enough people who are going to work to produce.
She said if people want to maintain a quality of life, then more people needed to produce when they go to work.
“We will do this country a disservice if we don’t talk through these issues”, she added.(CM)