Buju Banton. (FP)
- Remote work raises Zoom stock Read More
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Reifer glad to be in Test squad Read More
- Cricketers have to “re-train the brain” under COVID changes Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘Blackout’ dominates social media Read More
Barbadians are not sweetening up to a suite deal on offer.They are expressing outrage on social media about a $14 500 price tag for suites at the upcoming Buju Banton concert – The Long Walk to Freedom.
For that price, 24 lovers of Buju and his music will have a luxury suite in the 3Ws Stand on April 27. They will have a private entrance to the venue, extra security, premium drinks and professional catering.
Calling the amount “exhorbitant for a show”, some said the price tag doesn’t reflect what the organisers were offering after FAS7STAR posted the deal on the Internet on Wednesday as part of the five-day Barbados Reggae Festival next month.
One poster who worked out the per-person price said that amounted to $600 a head.Some stated that it was outrageous how a show could advertise that price tag when people were expressing grief over the increased bus fare from $2 to $3.50. (NS)