Sheena Mayers-Granville (FP)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Education key in curbing doping Read More
- Carter helps Pride get a grip Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weinstein wants case heard outside of Manhattan Read More
At least $48 million in losses.
That is what businesses will suffer from the four official holidays – Good Friday, Easter Monday, National Heroes Day and May Day – in 13 days.
This was revealed by Barbados Employers’ Confederation (BEC) executive director Sheena Mayers-Granville yesterday as she reiterated its call for a rationalisation of public holidays.
She said the distribution of public holidays means that in some years seven bank holidays fall within the first five months in the year, four within a two-week span.
That will obviously have a dampening effect on productivity, she said. (SP)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.