Sheena Mayers-Granville (FP)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
At least $48 million in losses.
That is what businesses will suffer from the four official holidays – Good Friday, Easter Monday, National Heroes Day and May Day – in 13 days.
This was revealed by Barbados Employers’ Confederation (BEC) executive director Sheena Mayers-Granville yesterday as she reiterated its call for a rationalisation of public holidays.
She said the distribution of public holidays means that in some years seven bank holidays fall within the first five months in the year, four within a two-week span.
That will obviously have a dampening effect on productivity, she said. (SP)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.