- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Pride push for win over Jaguars Read More
- Final clash at Wildey Turf Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weinstein wants case heard outside of Manhattan Read More
When Angela Reifer says “I could always sell” it is no idle boast by the stylish, debonair area retail manager of Colombian Emeralds International.
In her 25 years with the company, she has copped the Colombian Emeralds International Store Manager of the Year Award, beating out all others in the more than 50 stores the jewellery company operates throughout the Caribbean, Central America and on board Norwegian Cruise Lines.
“There are two things I like most about the job”, Reifer told EASY magazine: “I like meeting different people in terms of the customers and I like the fact that you make a difference in terms of the people you are working with.”
Born in Barbados, at an early age, Reifer went to live with her mother in Montreal who still lives in the Canadian city. Today, as a graduate of McGill University, she holds a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations.
It was during her university days that she first recognised she had a talent for sales, when as public relations officer for the McGill Caribbean Student Society, she sold hundreds of tickets for one of the society’s events. Those around her also took notice.