Mario Burke (FILE)
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
THREE-TIME national champion Mario Burke was simply super last weekend in the United States with a historic milestone at the prestigious Penn Relays in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia.
The 22-year-old former Harrison College student became the first athlete to win four gold medals in the same weekend in the 125-year history of the Relays, which have been staged since 1895.
Burke won the men’s 100 metres for college athletes and was also a member of his University of Houston’s quartets that became only the sixth college to make a clean sweep of the 4x100, 4x200 and 4x400 sprint relays. (EZS)