Seymour Nurse (FILE)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Tsitsipas says Grand Slam goal was “too big” Read More
- Hector helps Breakers win T10 title Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘Blackout’ dominates social media Read More
The Barbados Cricket League issued the following tribute in memory of the late Seymour Nurse who passed away on Tuesday at age 85 after a long illness.
The Barbados Cricket League (BCL) has lost one of its Legends.
Seymour Nurse commenced his career playing BCL cricket in the City Division and was a prolific batsman before going on to represent Empire, Barbados and the West Indies with great distinction.
His service coincided with the era of the Three “Ws” and found difficulty in breaking into the team. However, once the opportunity was given, there was no turning back.
The BCL has a division in his name and whenever he was able, his presence was felt at our events. He will be missed.
On behalf of the Board of Management, our patron, players and umpires we extend our condolences to his family.
May he rest in peace and rise in glory. (PR)