Alex Tasker (FILE)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Boucher is head coach of South Africa cricket team Read More
- Zidane may not rest Casemiro Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jamaican crowned Miss World Read More
Alex Tasker has resigned from Digicel (Barbados) Ltd. Reports reaching THE NATION indicate that Tasker, who was the executive chairman of the telecommunications company, tendered his resignation and met with staff last week to bid them farewell.
When contacted, a senior official associated with Digicel confirmed the resignation stating: “Mr Tasker has resigned to pursue other interests. He was not fired.”
In January, the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) named Tasker, who was a former senior vice-president business development and marketing of Insurance Corporation of Barbados Limited (ICBL) and Ingrid Innes, a Canadian citizen and ICBL’s former chief executive officer, in an indictment relating to money laundering involving former minister in the previous Democratic Labour Party administration Donville Inniss.
That case is due to be heard in a US court next month. (MB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.