Valerie Moran (CNN)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
LONDON – Fintech entrepreneur Valerie Moran is the sole black female in the top 1 000 people of The Sunday Times’ annual Rich List, which ranks Britain’s super-wealthy.
Moran, who was born in Zimbabwe, is jointly worth an estimated £122 million (US$158.6 million) alongside her husband, Noel, ranking them as the joint 970th richest people in Britain.
The couple hold an 81.5 per cent stake in their fintech organisation, Prepaid Financial Services, which specialises in financial technology. Moran herself holds a 16.3 per cent share of the company.
Moran currently acts as head of client relations and operations. She was previously the organization’s implementation project manager and its first official employee when it was founded in 2008.
She told the interview platform, IdeaMensch, in 2018 that her typical working day lasts for up to 15 hours from 9 a.m. until midnight. (CNN)