Nicholas Pooran (FP)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Tsitsipas says Grand Slam goal was “too big” Read More
- Hector helps Breakers win T10 title Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘Blackout’ dominates social media Read More
Nicholas Pooran has been signed by the Guyana Amazon Warriors as their Marquee Player for the 2019 Hero Caribbean Premier League.
The Trinidadian wicket-keeper batsman played for the Barbados Tridents last year.
Pooran has played 11 T20 Internationals for the West Indies and has become a fixture in T20 tournaments around the world.
He is also a member of the West Indies squad for the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup.
This will be the third CPL team that Pooran has represented, having started his career with the Trinbago Knight Riders before moving to the Tridents.
The rest of the Amazon Warriors squad will be decided at the Hero CPL Player Draft which takes place on May 22.
Omar Khan, Team Operations Manager, for the Amazon Warriors, said: “Nicholas is amongst the very best T20 batting talents in the world and we wanted to bring him into our team as we push to go one better than last year where we finished as runners-up. He is explosive and exciting, and we are very pleased to be able to have such an impressive young talent representing the Guyana Amazon Warriors this year.”
The 2019 CPL will take place from September 4 to October 12. (PR)