Permanent Secretary Seibert Frederick has been sent on leave. (FILE)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Not on my watch! Read More
- Pollard: Emphasis on performance Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
Seibert Frederick, a long-standing civil servant and permanent secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, has been sent on leave effective yesterday.
He was apparently sent after nine months in the senior position.
Frederick has been replaced by Terry Bascombe, a former permanent secretary in the Ministry of Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Commerce, who was supposed to take up the position of Special Envoy to the Republic of Suriname last January.
Yesterday, a memo written on the ministry’s letterhead and signed by Frederick, which he sent to staff at the ministry, was widely being circulated. (MB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.