Principal Valdez Francis has been sent on suspension. (FILE)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- ‘Take a break, Suki’ Read More
- Burke knocks poor facilities Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
Valdez Francis, the principal at Grantley Adams Memorial, who was at the centre of a student protest at the school last year, has been suspended.
Minister of Education Santia Bradshaw confirmed recently that Francis was no longer at the Blackman’s, St Joseph school.
“Mr Francis has been suspended and the ministry is carrying out an investigation following the findings of an inspection report. As I am sure you would appreciate, I wouldn’t want to say anything more at this stage which may prejudice those investigations,” she stated.
Sources told THE NATION that on one of the occasions when several ministry officials were at the school, a fight broke out resulting in the search and confiscation of several weapons. (MB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.