- Germany hands lifeline to Lufthansa airlines Read More
- Pandemic forces change at Marks and Spencer's Read More
- Holyfield willing to fight Tyson for charity Read More
- Davis Cup home tie still on Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Christ Church Foundation School and Queen’s College were among the big winners in the first round of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Netball League’s Under-13 and Under-15 Netball Competition yesterday.
Playing at home at Church Hill, Christ Church, Foundation demolished The Ellerslie School 54-3 and Queen’s College hammered Coleridge and Parry 41-6 and.
For Foundation, Dessani Waithe scored 40 goals from 52 attempts, goal attack Serena Edwards 13 from 17 and Larisa Gill added the other.
Shahada Headley scored two from 11 attempts and Kiana Alleyne one for Ellerslie.
The second round of matches will be played tomorrow.
Combermere School 18, The Lester Vaughan School 0
Graydon Sealy Secondary 13, St George Secondary 4
Coleridge and Parry 9, Queen’s College 7
Christ Church Foundation School 8, Parkinson Memorial 2
Springer Memorial 17, The Lodge School 5
The St Michael School 10, Harrison College 4
Graydon Sealy Secondary 17, St George Secondary 12
Queen’s College 41, Coleridge and Parry 6
Christ Church Foundation School 54, The Ellerslie School 3
The Lodge School 28, Springer Memorial 12
Harrison College 19, The St Michael School 12 (SAT)