The group of dancers entertaining with their high-energy performance. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Windies ‘A’ fall again Read More
- Surfers worried over Sandy Lane plan Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
Journey to the Last Cane. That’s the theme of this year’s official Crop Over Launch And Ceremonial Delivery Of The Last Canes, which will be held in Speightstown, St Peter, on June 8.
During a press launch yesterday at First Citizens Bank in Broad Street, The City, chief executive officer (CEO) of the National Cultural Foundation, Carol Roberts-Reifer, said the free cultural event would feature a parade, food village and a concert.
Meanwhile, CEO of First Citizens Bank Carole Eleuthere-JnMarie said they were glad to be a part of the sweetest summer festival for another year.
Just after the announcement and the handover of the sponsorship cheque, a part of Broad Street was taken over by a group of masqueraders, stiltmen, Mother Sallies, the Pompasette Tuk Band and shaggy bears. (TG)