CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Pine Hill St Barnabas celebrating their retention of the Division 1 title. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- VIDEO: The rights of consumers Read More
- VAT on transactions delayed again Read More
- Lara, Sarwan to assist batsmen ahead of India Tests Read More
- Champs Barcelona lose opener Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Author Paule Marshall passes Read More
PINE HILL ST BARNABAS retained their Division 1 netball crown with a tense defeat of Guardian Group Pride of Villa 39-36 when the league season climaxed on Saturday night at the Netball Stadium.
Both teams had entered that final game with a 5-0 record and a maximum 25 points, with a win guaranteeing the top prize. Last year, multiple champions St Barnabas had denied front-runners Villa their first league title with a better goal average.
Once again, Villa spent a season sniffing Cup glory and salivating over the prospects of enjoying a Division 1 league banquet.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.