Carlton all-rounder Kyle Mayers hitting out during his unbeaten 92. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Lodge take Schools title Read More
- Alleyne, St Leonard’s take hockey titles Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Man eats $120 000 banana Read More
KYLE MAYERS hit an explosive unbeaten half-century in a surreal dynamic performance that inspired Carlton to an eight-wicket victory over ICBL Empire in the final of the Sagicor General Twenty20 at Kensington yesterday.
It was Carlton’s second domestic T20 title following their previous success ten years ago.The ebullient all-rounder hit an unbeaten 92 off 66 balls to help his side chase down Empire’s 144 for seven off 20 overs after Carlton forced Empire to bat first.
Carlton reached their target with an over to spare, scoring 147 for two.
Mayers struck six sixes and eight fours, setting the tempo from early when he opened the innings with Shamar Springer (11) who helped him add 32 from the first wicket.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.