Anthony Layne (FP)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Lodge take Schools title Read More
- Alleyne, St Leonard’s take hockey titles Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Man eats $120 000 banana Read More
SOME BANDLEADERS are contending that Crop Over is losing its appeal, and fear that in a couple of years there will be a seriously scaled down version of the sweetest summer festival.
Veteran leader of Kontact Kadooment Band, Anthony Layne, told the NATION he was seeing Barbados, already “lagging behind” Trinidad, being overtaken by Jamaica Carnival.
“Right now I am not seeing many local people opting to jump in the bands. They are leaving here to go to Trinidad, Jamaica and other Caribbean island carnivals,” he lamented.
In fact, Layne said his numbers now comprised more overseas revellers than locals.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.