Members of Cleophas Maynard’s family were in a sombre mood as they tried to understand what could have led to his killing. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Swimmers salute Bellamy Read More
- Patriots take down unbeaten Knight Riders Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
For the relatives and close friends of Cleophas Maynard, the Crop Over season will never be the same.
The passionate festival lover who had a tradition of jumping on Kadooment Day and attending a slew of events is now but a fond memory of those who find themselves planning for his funeral.
Sixty-year-old Maynard, of Orange Hill, St James, became the island’s 24th murder victim for the year when he was fatally stabbed, allegedly by a relative, in the early hours of Tuesday at his home.
Police said they responded about 1:08 a.m. to a report of a dispute between two men and arrived to find Maynard’s body. (SDB Media)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.