A large crowd came out for First Citizens Crop Over Launch and Ceremonial Delivery of the Last Canes in Speightstown. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Swimmers salute Bellamy Read More
- Patriots take down unbeaten Knight Riders Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
The First Citizens Crop Over Launch Ceremonial Delivery of the Last Canes is currently underway at the Speightstown Playing Field, St Peter.
Hundreds have flocked to the north to take in the event.
The parade of groups started at the nearby Alexandra School.
It included the Israel Lovell Foundation, Haynesville Youth Group, Barbados Cadet Corps, Twisters Cheerleaders, the 2019 parish ambassadors and many more.
In keeping with tradition, members of the Spiritual Baptist faith blessed the last canes.
A full evening of entertainment is planned with performances from Hypasounds, Marvay, Stiffy, Marzville, Mikey and Lil Rick.
Chief Executive Officer of the National Cultural Foundation, Carol Roberts-Reifer, will also deliver a address. (DB)
The Spiritual Baptists played their traditional role in the launch of Crop Over.