A large crowd came out for First Citizens Crop Over Launch and Ceremonial Delivery of the Last Canes in Speightstown. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- New Barcelona coach wants to bring back excitement Read More
- Education key in curbing doping Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weinstein wants case heard outside of Manhattan Read More
The First Citizens Crop Over Launch Ceremonial Delivery of the Last Canes is currently underway at the Speightstown Playing Field, St Peter.
Hundreds have flocked to the north to take in the event.
The parade of groups started at the nearby Alexandra School.
It included the Israel Lovell Foundation, Haynesville Youth Group, Barbados Cadet Corps, Twisters Cheerleaders, the 2019 parish ambassadors and many more.
In keeping with tradition, members of the Spiritual Baptist faith blessed the last canes.
A full evening of entertainment is planned with performances from Hypasounds, Marvay, Stiffy, Marzville, Mikey and Lil Rick.
Chief Executive Officer of the National Cultural Foundation, Carol Roberts-Reifer, will also deliver a address. (DB)
The Spiritual Baptists played their traditional role in the launch of Crop Over.