- VIDEO: The rights of consumers Read More
- VAT on transactions delayed again Read More
- Lara, Sarwan to assist batsmen ahead of India Tests Read More
- Champs Barcelona lose opener Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Author Paule Marshall passes Read More
Thirty-two-year-old Dave Archer, of West Terrace St James was shot and killed last night while carrying his duties as a private security guard.
According to a police press statement the incident occurred about 10:35 last night. Lawmen said, “Archer and other security personnel intervened in a fight which occurred moments before docking. The assailant exited the boat and returned with two other males. Security was alerted and a struggle ensued resulting in the security guard being shot. The police and ambulance were summoned.”
Archer was transported to the QEH by police vehicle where he later died. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Police emergency at 211, Crime Stoppers at 18008477 CID at 4307189 or any Police Station.