Michael Holding (GP)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Lodge take Schools title Read More
- Alleyne, St Leonard’s take hockey titles Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Man eats $120 000 banana Read More
LEGENDARY West Indies fast bowler Michael Holding won’t be going on any censorship journey with the International Cricket Council (ICC), which would compromise his integrity.
Holding, one of the most renowned and experienced analysts in the television commentators’ box, fired one of his trademark bouncers back at the ICC in reply to a letter that requested him to refrain from pointing out umpiring errors on air during the World Cup, the Times Of India reported yesterday.
The tough-talking Jamaican told the ICC that asking commentators to abstain from speaking about umpires is why “commentators are being more and more compromised by controlling organisations to the point of censorship”. (EZS)