ONE-HANDED CATCH: Liana Leacock was outstanding in the shooting circle for Queen’s College with 20 goals from 24 attempts. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Lodge take Schools title Read More
- Alleyne, St Leonard’s take hockey titles Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Man eats $120 000 banana Read More
DEFENDING champions The St. Michael School will battle Springer Memorial in the Under-13 netball finals of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Championship today at 3.15 p.m. at the Netball Stadium.
Appearing on the same card will be the Under-15 queens Christ Church Foundation School (CCFS) and last year’s losing finalists Queen’s College, who will be aiming to book another showdown when they meet different opponents in their semi-finals.
Springer won a close semi-final from Combermere on Tuesday at the Netball Stadium 14-12 after the scores were locked at seven at the end of the first half. The shooting duo of Maria Chase (9/13) and Kennia Blackman (5/8) held their nerve to edge Springer into the finals.(KB)