Judy Wilkinson being presented with one of many gifts by chairman of the BHTA, Stephen Austin. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Hamilton expects drivers to stand against racism Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
JUDY WILKINSON has called it quits after 42 years in the tourism business.
Her retirement was announced yesterday during the Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association’s (BHTA) annual general meeting at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
Wilkinson, whose last post was special projects coordinator, said she was honoured by the celebration.
“Today marks a new chapter in my life . . . . There are many things I am thankful for and I am especially thankful for the many relationships I have formed with most of you.”
Wilkinson, who is also an avid Red Plastic Bag fan, had a surprise visit from the ten-time calypso king who serenaded her with his two of his hits, Boat Ride and I’m Alive. (RA)