PSVs in Speightstown. (FILE)
- Remote work raises Zoom stock Read More
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Reifer glad to be in Test squad Read More
- Cricketers have to “re-train the brain” under COVID changes Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘Blackout’ dominates social media Read More
The days of public service vehicles (PSVs) jostling for space along the busy Speightstown By-Pass Road are coming to an end.
Come September 1, both the minibuses and route taxis plying those northern routes will be accommodated inside the Speightstown Terminal with Transport Board buses.
This was revealed by Ian Estwick, chairman of the Transport Authority, as he responded to an investigative report in yesterday’s Daily Nation highlighting daily chaos in Speightstown with PSVs blocking the streets, overloading with schoolchildren, being off-route and speeding. (MB)