Police and fire officials on the scene of a fatal fire at 1st Avenue Alleyne's Land, Bush Hall, St Michael. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock)
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Digicel makes progess in debt reduction Read More
- Real Madrid preparing to launch women’s team Read More
- Africa Cup of Nations postponed to 2022 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
Eighty-two-year-old Barbara Forde and her son, Carlton Forde, perished in a blaze at their home last night.
The three bedroom wood and wall home at 1st Avenue Alleyne’s Land, Bush Hall, St Michael was destroyed in the blaze which started after 9 p.m.
Residents tried to rescue Barbara, who had dementia, and 53-year-old Carlton, but were unsuccessful. A vehicle parked outside the home was also extensively damaged,
The tragic incident occurred around 9:45 p.m.
Chief Fire Officer Errol Maynard and nine other firemen in two tenders from Probyn Street, The City, responded to the blaze.
Police say investigations are at a very sensitive stage. Anyone with knowledge which may assist is asked to contact District A Police Station at 4307242. (PR/SAT)