Shanice Hutson (FP)
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
Shanice Hutson struck gold for Barbados in the opening session of the North America, Central America and Caribbean Under-18 Championships in Queretaro, Mexico.
Hutson won the girls’ discus with 42.02 metres. Jasmin Rosales of El Salvador took silver in 41.91m and Mexico’s Carolina Quiñonez the bronze in 37.58m.
Darian Clarke also booked a spot in the Under-18 boys’ 100 metres with a time of 10.58 seconds. Three other Barbadians qualified for the finals later tonight in the Under-23 division.
Mario Burke was second overall with a time of 10.19 seconds in the men’s 100 metres. Tristan Evelyn was fifth in the women’s heats with 11.57 seconds and Rivaldo Leacock also qualified for the final of the men’s 400m hurdles with a time of 53.16 seconds. (SAT)