Shanice Hutson (FP)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- Lewis, Williams star as Windies whip Afghans Read More
- NSC facilities going hi-tech Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- De Niro to get Lifetime Award from SAG Read More
Shanice Hutson struck gold for Barbados in the opening session of the North America, Central America and Caribbean Under-18 Championships in Queretaro, Mexico.
Hutson won the girls’ discus with 42.02 metres. Jasmin Rosales of El Salvador took silver in 41.91m and Mexico’s Carolina Quiñonez the bronze in 37.58m.
Darian Clarke also booked a spot in the Under-18 boys’ 100 metres with a time of 10.58 seconds. Three other Barbadians qualified for the finals later tonight in the Under-23 division.
Mario Burke was second overall with a time of 10.19 seconds in the men’s 100 metres. Tristan Evelyn was fifth in the women’s heats with 11.57 seconds and Rivaldo Leacock also qualified for the final of the men’s 400m hurdles with a time of 53.16 seconds. (SAT)