Canadian High Commissioner Marie Legault (second left) joined (from left) Senator Lisa Cummins, Brenda Pope, Legault’s daughter Alexa Legault-Boyo, Meryl Stoute and Carole Eleuthere-Jn Marie for a poolside photo. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- England beat South Africa to take series 3-1 Read More
- Worrell gets top pick at Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
Canadian High Commissioner Marie Legault threw quite a bash for Canada Day at her official west coast residence last week.
The reception, attended by Governor General Dame Sandra Mason, Prime Minister Mia Mottley and a host of other VIPs and friends of Canada, was held poolside, an ideal setting for the High Commissioner’s speech in which she highlighted aspects of the longstanding relationship between Canada and Barbados.
Mottley’s reply was brief as she said it is Crop Over season and not the time for long speeches. It was an observation welcomed by guests who wasted no time dancing to the swinging tempo of entertainers Slim Williams and Meredith Marshall as they sampled the delicious fare served up for the evening. (GC)