Entrepreneurship World Cup 2019
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Thrown for a loop Read More
- WI Women lose T20 opener Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
Seven Barbadians will put it all on the line this evening to qualify for investment capital and a chance to take their businesses global.
It is the finals of the local leg of the Entrepreneurship World Cup, which will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the offices of TEN Habitat, 1st Floor Carlisle House, Bridgetown.
The seven finalists are Alluhwi Comics, Caribbean E Waste Management Inc., Global Tutoring Hub, MedRegis, Nail Lyfe Spa Services, Plant Lyfe Barbados and Red Diamond Compost.
They will face the judges and compete for a national title, hoping to become one of ten fully sponsored global finalists.
It is the first time Barbados will be competing in the Entrepreneurship World Cup, which has attracted 90 000 entrepreneurs from 186 countries.
The international finals will be held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, later this year. It includes the opportunity to network with potential investors and pitch their businesses for up to $1 million in prizes. (PR/SAT)