Ramona Morgan took second place on her pro debut. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- Lewis, Williams star as Windies whip Afghans Read More
- NSC facilities going hi-tech Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- De Niro to get Lifetime Award from SAG Read More
HOMETOWN fans reserved their biggest screams for Ramona Morgan and she did not disappoint, landing a creditable second place on pro debut at the International Federation of Bodybuilding (IFBB) Diamond Cup Barbados over the weekend.
The majestic Morgan, who earned her pro card by taking the overall body fitness title at last year’s Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Championships in Mexico, finished runner-up at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Conference Centre on Saturday night behind another debutante, Abeni Procope, of Trinidad and Tobago.
An audience that included former champion bodybuilders Earl Maynard and Jeffrey Reid, and Minister of Sport John King, saw the 41-year-old Morgan finish ahead of strong Caribbean and European contenders.
It was a birthday gift for Procope, who turned 30 last Wednesday. (MK)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.