- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
PORT AU PRINCE – Police say they have made no arrests in the attacks on two senior law enforcement officials that left one dead over the past three days.
Police confirmed that Inspector Johnny Bisreth died at hospital on Sunday, after he was shot by two gunmen who entered the Bassin Bleu police station on the outskirts of the capital on Saturday and fired several shots at him.
Police said they had no motive for the attack and that Bisreth died at the Gonaïves Providence Hospital in the presence of his wife and children.
The police said they are also probing the attack on the Chief Police Commissioner of Marchand Dessalines, Dusfresne René, on Monday.
They said the attack took place as he was driving his vehicle near his home. They said the unidentified gunmen had fired several bullets at the officer, who miraculously escaped unscathed. (CMC)