Ionics Desalination Plant (FILE)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- Lewis, Williams star as Windies whip Afghans Read More
- NSC facilities going hi-tech Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- De Niro to get Lifetime Award from SAG Read More
The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) wishes to inform the public that work being carried out at the Ionics Freshwater Desalination Plant this evening, has unfortunately resulted in a rupture on an 18-inch main. The plant has had to be taken offline in order for repairs to be carried out.
The BWA is therefore advising that customers in the following areas may experience low pressure or water outages as a result.
The districts affected may include:
In St Thomas: Cane Garden, Arthur Seat, Welches Heights, Bagatelle Park, Bagatelle Gardens, Melrose, Redman’s Village, Kew Land, Edgehill, Welches Terrace, Padmore Village and surrounding areas.
In St James: Husbands, Clearview Heights, Meadowvale Heights, Crystal Heights, Hoyte’s Village, Hoyte’s Terrace, Oxnards, Wanstead, Holders Hill, West Terrace, Prior Park, Haynesville, Bamboo Ridge and surrounding districts.
In St Michael: Black Rock, St Stephen’s Hill, Spooners Hill, Grazettes, Cave Hill, Well Gap, Rock Dundo, Lodge Hill, Clermont, University Drive, Warrens and surrounding areas. (PR)