Barbados’ goal shooter Shonica Wharton. (FILE)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
The Bajan Gems are off to the perfect start in the 2019 Vitality Netball World Cup.
Goal shooter Shonica Wharton scored a game high 27 goals from 29 attempts as Barbados defeated Singapore 69-34 in Liverpool, England.
Wharton was assisted by fellow goal shooter Latonia Blackman (22/23) and goal attacks Brianna Holder (11/13) and Sheniqua Thomas (9/12).
Goal attack Charmaine Soh contributed the most goals for Singapore with 21 from 31 attempts and Pei Shan Lee added one from her three attempts, while, goal shooter Xinyi Tan totaled 9 from 11 and goal attack Kai Wei Toh three from seven.
Barbados will play New Zealand tomorrow. Quarter scores: (17-6, 33-14, 47-24,69-34) (AG-B)