Barbados’ goal shooter Shonica Wharton. (FILE)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Bats must stand up, says Brooks Read More
- Burke ‘better’ because of COVID Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
The Bajan Gems are off to the perfect start in the 2019 Vitality Netball World Cup.
Goal shooter Shonica Wharton scored a game high 27 goals from 29 attempts as Barbados defeated Singapore 69-34 in Liverpool, England.
Wharton was assisted by fellow goal shooter Latonia Blackman (22/23) and goal attacks Brianna Holder (11/13) and Sheniqua Thomas (9/12).
Goal attack Charmaine Soh contributed the most goals for Singapore with 21 from 31 attempts and Pei Shan Lee added one from her three attempts, while, goal shooter Xinyi Tan totaled 9 from 11 and goal attack Kai Wei Toh three from seven.
Barbados will play New Zealand tomorrow. Quarter scores: (17-6, 33-14, 47-24,69-34) (AG-B)