Host, Argentine Ambassador Gustavo Martinez Pandiani (fourth right), and popular MC and comedian Mac Fingall (second right) with a bevy of Bajan beauties who will all be vying for the Miss World Barbados title next month. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- England beat South Africa to take series 3-1 Read More
- Worrell gets top pick at Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
A packed Walcott Warner Theatre at the Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination (EBCCI) celebrated Argentina’s Independence Day anniversary with Argentine Ambassador Gustavo Martinez Pandiani on Tuesday night.
Governor General Dame Sandra Mason and members of the local consular corps were among the guests viewing the classic 1985 Argentine comedy Waiting for the Hearse (Esperando la Carroza) featuring the hilarious lead character, octogenarian “Mama Cora”, and her four children.
The event, which was open to the public, was followed by a cocktail reception in the foyer with copious servings of Argentine wines. (GC)