Host, Argentine Ambassador Gustavo Martinez Pandiani (fourth right), and popular MC and comedian Mac Fingall (second right) with a bevy of Bajan beauties who will all be vying for the Miss World Barbados title next month. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Not on my watch! Read More
- Pollard: Emphasis on performance Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
A packed Walcott Warner Theatre at the Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination (EBCCI) celebrated Argentina’s Independence Day anniversary with Argentine Ambassador Gustavo Martinez Pandiani on Tuesday night.
Governor General Dame Sandra Mason and members of the local consular corps were among the guests viewing the classic 1985 Argentine comedy Waiting for the Hearse (Esperando la Carroza) featuring the hilarious lead character, octogenarian “Mama Cora”, and her four children.
The event, which was open to the public, was followed by a cocktail reception in the foyer with copious servings of Argentine wines. (GC)