CLAPHAM CHAMPS: Marketing Manager of Cooperators Cheryl Forde presenting the winning trophy to Bulls' coach Ryan Leacock (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- VIDEO: The rights of consumers Read More
- VAT on transactions delayed again Read More
- Dates set for Australia Women to tour West Indies Read More
- India tighten grip on Day 3 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
CAPTAINS lead by example from the front, and Rahiim Gibbons did that Sunday night at the indoor Barbados Community College facility.
The fleet-footed point guard combined with MVP Akeem Marsh to climax Burger King Clapham Bulls’ resurgence with a 66-61 victory over long-standing arch-rivals Station Hill Cavaliers and usher in a new era of basketball supremacy.
The Bulls were pushed to the wire by the Cavs in the decisive Game 5 of their five-match finals series before winning their first Cooperators General Insurance Premier League title in 13 years.
Piloted by Gibbons’ match-high 21 points, including a jumper to seal the outcome, Clapham Bulls joined the Cavs on six Premiership crowns after their triumphs in 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2006. (EZS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.