Minister in the Ministry of Finance Ryan Straughn. (FP)
- VIDEO: The rights of consumers Read More
- VAT on transactions delayed again Read More
- Dates set for Australia Women to tour West Indies Read More
- India tighten grip on Day 3 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
MORE THAN A month after Government said it would reverse the decision by the Treasury Department that stopped medically unfit people from receiving pensions, nothing has been done.
And a check with Minister in the Ministry of Finance Ryan Straughn Sunday revealed there was no timeline for when those monies would be reinstated.
“Unfortunately, it is taking longer than we would have liked but hopefully it will be resolved soon,” he said.
One of those affected is Janice Harris of Bayville, St Michael, who used available media outlets in May and June to complain and mounted public protests outside the Parliament Buildings and other areas highlighting her plight. She got the attention of the public, Government ministers and the National Union of Public Workers (NUPW). (CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.