Officers of the BDF (from left) Warrant Officer Timothy Leacock, S Lt Sera Price, Captain (Dr) Dreana Marshall and Sergeant Hilroy Stoute sharing a light moment at the reception which followed the medal ceremony. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Not on my watch! Read More
- Pollard: Emphasis on performance Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
The atmosphere at the Barbados Defence Force’s (BDF) Garrison, St Michael headquarters was light and convivial last week, with military rigidity giving way to laughter and celebration.
The occasion was a medal ceremony at which the work of the servicemen and servicewomen in areas such as humanitarian assistance, disaster relief and building rehabilitation was acknowledged.
Prime Minister Mia Mottley joined BDF Chief of Staff, Colonel Glyne Grannum, Minister of Foreign Affairs Senator Dr Jerome Walcott and Minister of Health Lieutenant Colonel Jeffrey Bostic in the presentation of scores of medals.
Retired officer Major Patrick Skeete received the Meritorious Service Medal for 40 years of service to youth and Cadet Corps in Barbados and the Caribbean region.
Expressing appreciation “on behalf of a grateful nation”, the Prime Minister said: “My simple task this afternoon is to thank each and every one of you.” (GC)