Tia-Adana Belle (FILE)
- VIDEO: The rights of consumers Read More
- VAT on transactions delayed again Read More
- Dates set for Australia Women to tour West Indies Read More
- India tighten grip on Day 3 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
Tia-Adana Belle finished third in her outing at the IAAF Diamond League in London, England, earlier today.
With a strong run over the last 150 metres, Belle surged to a podium finish in 54.54 seconds as she continues preparation for this year’s World Championships in Doha, Qatar, from September 27 to October 6.
Jamaica’s Rushell Clayton won in 54.16 seconds, holding off Czech Republic’s two-time world champion Zuzana Hejnova, who was second in 54.33.
Mario Burke was not as fortunate, finishing last in his 200 metres race. Burke, who turned pro last week, was clocked at 20.78 seconds. China’s Zhenye Xie won in 19.88 seconds, Britain’s Miguel Frances was second in 19.97 and Aldemir Junior of Brazil was third in 20.17,
Earlier, Jonathan Jones continued his sterling development into one of the world’s premier quarter-milers when he broke his own national record in the men’s 400 metres.